Forklift Operator (Conway, SC)
This position involves considerable physical exertion, such as regular climbing on and off of trucks, lifting of heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) on a highly frequent basis and/or assuming awkward positions for long periods of time. There are frequent exposures to very extreme levels of air pollution, or substances, and hot/cold.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to efficiently operate a forklift.
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking oil, water, and tires.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Perform other duties assigned
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be able to pass a Drug Test
- Must be able to operate a Forklift
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must have the ability to work independently and under general supervision, requiring little supervision
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise sound judgment around hazardous materials and heavy equipment
- Skill in multi-tasking- coordinating simultaneous mental, manual and visual activities
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Must be able to work in extreme climate conditions (rain, heat, cold, ice, snow
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $9.00 /HR after 90 Days employees are eligible for a $1.00 raise.
Shifts: 1st shift is 4:00 AM â€“ 2:30 PM and the 2nd shift is 2:45 PM â€“ 1:15 AM