The Sorter is responsible for ensuring proper placement and sorting materials on the conveyor line by performing the following duties.
- Inspect materials and sort items or materials into piles or places in container according to type, size, condition, coloring or paper grade.
- Pull contaminants out of paper or off of floor.
- Stack boxes and skids. Dump boxes and totes of material.
- Feed material, such as wastepaper onto conveyor.
- Clean up conveyor and surrounding sorting line.
- Keep surrounding work area clean.
- Read monitor for machine start up and ensure machine is operating properly and at a moderate speed.
- Follow appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) as guideline for operating and maintaining equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job.
Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds part of the work day;
Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day.