Provides advanced, senior technical support for duties related to the procurement and control of materials used for production, to meet both production and budget targets. Maintains time sensitive perpetual records on materials and performs daily cycle counts for first and second shifts usage as well as physical inventories as needed. Establishes Kanban levels in coordination with Value Stream Leaders, KPO and Materials Manager; and ensures adjustments are made with business mix changes. Purchases materials for inspection area and provides back-up purchasing support of raw materials and supplies. Oversees the receiving dock, and schedules and directs the work of the Materials Delivery Coordinators. Conducts regular receiving dock inspection audits on randomly selected raw materials to confirm compliance of established standards. Maintains related documentation and records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Foster a safety culture and the implementation of safety policies and training in compliance with the company safety program and OSHA regulations to eliminate work related injuries.
- Maintains time sensitive perpetual records on materials and performs daily cycle counts for first and second shifts usage.
- Works with Plant management to identify discrepancies during cycle counts and fixes the issues to increase overall cycle count accuracy.
- Establishes Kanban levels for certain commodities in coordination with Value Stream Leaders, KPO and Materials Manager; and ensures adjustments are made with business mix changes.
- Orders materials needed in the inspection area.
- Provides back up assistance to purchasing of raw materials and supplies as needed or as requested.
- Oversees the receiving dock, including training, scheduling and directing the work of all Materials Delivery Coordinators.
- Fosters a positive work environment, and handles any issues with receivers.
- Conducts regular Dock inspection audits on randomly selected raw materials to confirm compliance with quantities, quality per established specification and packaging.
- Documents audit findings and utilizes data in collaboration with the Materials Manager to generate Corrective Action Reports (CARs).
- Reviews summarized report for filed CARs for trends and makes appropriate recommendations. Follows up with vendor regarding specific issues as needed to confirm corrections have been implemented and are sustained; defines any countermeasures that may be needed to correct issues. Distributes and/or maintains related documentation and records.
- Processes goods to be returned to the vendor.
- Coordinates with accounting department to confirm adjustments are made in the system and chargeback is generated.
- Conducts physical inventories, taking the lead for designated steps in the process. Assists with audits as needed.
- Provides back up support in other operations areas (i.e. Shipping) as needed or as requested for tracking, documentation and records maintenance such as WPP, daily teardown quality records, GMS change distribution and tracking, and the daily processing and documentation of returned merchandise.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in the field and attends appropriate training programs to remain current on manufacturing, health and safety issues.
- Makes recommendations of potential process or system improvements, and implements new programs as needed.
- High School diploma or GED
- Three or more years of relevant lean manufacturing experience within in JIT production environment required.
- One year or more experience in a Materials position
- Current Fork Lift certification
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet or database software preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be at least 18 years or older
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.