Ride with and assist the Delivery Driver in the tractor trailer, tandem trailer and/ or straight trucks on intrastate and interstate routes for delivering and/or unloading various products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, dry goods) for restaurants, delicatessens, hospitals, schools, nursing homes, convenience stores, supermarkets and other foodservice outlets in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Primary Tasks :
- Review work schedule and check with supervisor for truck and driver assignments for the days deliveries.
- Assist with the inspection of the cab and trailer to insure they meet company quality standards and take appropriate action as needed.
- Ride to and deliver customer orders according to a predetermined route and delivery schedule.
- Obtain and set-up conveyor system (if applicable), check customer order, verify items in trailer and release load locks.
- Unload products from the trailer and into designated customer storage areas.
- Perform damage control checks on items and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy.
- Load customer returns on to trailer, breakdown and stow roller conveyor system (if applicable) and secure trailer doors.
- Unload damaged goods and customer returns at the driver check-in dock and complete necessary paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bending, Twisting, Kneeling, reaching (above shoulder level), Standing, Sitting, Stooping, Walking, – the following actions may with done with more than 20lbs- Lifting, Pushing, Pulling, Carrying More than 25% Travel Required Steel – Toe Shoes/Boots
- Must be able to perform coupling procedures for the Tractor/Trailer.
- Must have the ability to perform Pre / Post trip safety inspection as required by the DOT.
- Must complete training to operate onboard computer.
- Must be able to apply tire chains.
- High School Diploma / GED preferred.
- Must have basic math skills. (Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide)