Temp to Hire position with a nationally known company. Full benefits and 401K once converted to full time.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience is required.
- Experience with safety rules and regulations, employee safety procedures, and risk mitigation.
- Experienced in PCC control systems.
- Experience with Parts Inventory Control Software
- Safely operate tools and equipment needed during the repair and servicing of equipment.
- Has knowledge and can operate Microsoft Office
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Observes complex mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates metalworking tools to make and repair complex parts.
- Coordinates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- May provide support and direction to less experienced Plant Maintenance Mechanics.
Oversees staff of 1 – 2 maintenance technicians.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Required: High school diploma or G.E.D, minimum of 6 years’ experience in the Industrial or Manufacturing Industry Manage Maintenance and work in plant 70% of time
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Licenses as required by Local, State, Federal, Environmental and/or Health/Safety Regulatory agencies
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 50 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements occasionally;
- Normal setting for this job is: facility maintenance/repair shop.
Competencies / Traits
- Share expertise with others
- Manage stressful situations professionally
- Accept constructive feedback from others
- Show respect and sensitivity for cultural/work style and learning style differences
- Treat people with respect
- Focuses on solving conflict/problems
- Listens to situation/problems and checks for clarity and gets clarification.
- Initiative to work independently
- Delegates task and ensures follow through
- Train others
- Work ethically and with integrity at all times