• Must be able to pass a Background Check (no felonies in the past 7 years)
• Must be able to pass a Drug Test
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
• Must have the ability to work independently and under general supervision, requiring little supervision
• Demonstrate the ability to exercise sound judgment around hazardous materials and heavy equipment
• Skill in multi-tasking- coordinating simultaneous mental, manual and visual activities Ability to speak English clearly and concisely
• Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
• Must be able to work in extreme climate conditions (rain, heat, cold, ice, snow)
• As a Helper in this position, you will perform trash removal responsibilities and transport materials to their designated locations.
• Performs general manual labor tasks including loading, unloading, lifting, and moving materials.
• Assists a variety of functions with manual labor tasks as needed.
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Works under immediate supervision.
This position involves considerable physical exertion, such as regular climbing on and off of trucks, lifting of heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) on a highly frequent basis and/or assuming awkward positions for long periods of time. There are frequent exposures to very extreme levels of air pollution, or substances, and hot/cold.