Processing recertification applications and maintaining the subscriber database, HUB database, registration, social media and assisting in the coordination and execution of Council programs and events under the direction of the Director of Services.
Focus on event strategy and execution;
- Coordinate event partners and third-party vendors;
- Manage processes for event pre-registration, on-site registration, and online registration;
- Process credit card payments;
- Manage inventory of event equipment and products for events, programs, and trade shows;
- Plan and execute travel, coordination and shipping logistics for special guests, products, and event gear;
- Recruit, supervise, coordinate and train volunteers and temporary event crews as needed;
- Execute setup and takedown for events and programs;
- Assist with the sourcing for services
- Manage and maintain our social media account and coverage
- Assist with the newsletter
- Assist with the graphics and design of all marketing within the organization
- Meet with applicants regarding the certification process or application status;
- Answer and respond to questions received in person, via telephone, email, or social media about the certification process;
- Second in succession for telephone coverage;
- Assist in office administrative functions including receiving visitors and assisting them by phone, filing, mailing, copying, faxing, etc.
- Promote and attend events;
- Monitor and maintain a presence across selected social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, and Facebook;
- Maintain a pleasant, professional demeanor and appearance always.
- Support team of staff, volunteers, Board members and MBE members whenever possible;
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
Bachelors degree preferred; Minimum of two (2) years event planning or management experience desired; Strong interpersonal, motivational, communication and presentation skills; Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, time and project management skills; Motivated self-starter with the ability to take initiative and perform well with minimal supervision for successful event execution; Critical thinker that works well under tight deadlines; Creative, yet process-oriented; Travel to meetings, local venues and onsite management of programs and events; Demonstrate mastery of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word); Email marketing and social media skills. Attention to detail is paramount; Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage after 90-day probationary period; retirement plan; vacation and sick leave; paid holidays.